The DL1 sensor is an optoelectronic slot sensor that is used for detecting pressure sensitive labels on a liner that have a space between them. The scanner does not require any maintenance other than to periodically clean the optical sensor with a soft cloth and check that the electrical connections remain tight.
Training the DL-1 Gap Label Sensor
- Position a gap (it may be easier to remove a label while setting the DL1 sensor) in the sensing area of the DL1 gap sensor.
- Press and hold the yellow setting button on the sensor for three seconds while the sensor is trained over the gap or liner material to be counted/triggered until the OUT yellow LED blinks.
- Once the yellow SET button is released, the sensor has acquired the target material.
- Now position the label and liner/backing in the DL1’s sensing area briefly press the yellow SET button while the label and liner/backing are in the DL1’s sensing area. Three blinks of the green READY LED indicate successful training of the DL1 gap sensor.
- In case of unsuccessful acquisition, the READY green LED blinks quickly. If this is the case, briefly press the yellow SET button to go back to Step 1 of the training procedure and follow the steps accordingly.
- If error persists, label-to-background contrast might be insufficient to obtain a correct acquisition result. Contact Web Techniques to determine if another Label Sensor may be needed for your application.