Web Techniques now offers the PC-30 Label Counting System.
The PC-30 can be used to:
- Count Paper Labels
- Count Clear Labels
The PC-30 Label Counting System’s primary purpose is to detect and count pressure sensitive die-cut labels on a moving web. This counting system contains many of the components and technology that is part of the Web Techniques family of Rewind Systems. This system can easily convert length counting rewind machines (where no photoelectrics were provided) into an individual label counting unit. This system can also be used to trigger other related equipment via the output connection associated with the dual preset counter.
- Easy to Operate Counter.
- Large Touch Screen Control (HMI).
- Bi-Directional Counting
- Manual Increment Counting.
- Photoelectric Thru-Beam Scanner.
- Scanner Mounting Hardware
Optional Scanners Available
- Photoelectric (Paper on Paper)
- Capacitive (Clear or Low Contrast)
- Reflective (High Contrast, Dark Mark, etc.)
The PC-20 is no longer manufactured but spare parts are still available.
The PC-20 Label Counting System’s primary purpose is to detect and count pressure-sensitive die-cut labels on a moving web.
This counting system contains many of the components and much of the technology that is part of Web Techniques Roll Label Rewinding and Inspecting Machines. This system easily converts length-counting rewind machines (where no photoelectrics were provided) into an individual-label-counting rewind machine.
Other events on related equipment may also be triggered via the relay contacts associated with the dual preset counter.
The system consists of a dual programmable counter, a photoelectric thru-beam scanner and scanner mounting hardware.
- EASY-TO-OPERATE COUNTER
- … Large, bright-red LED display.
- … Bi-Directional Counting. Count Up/Count Down switch allows change in count direction.
- … EEPROM Memory. Retains data with power off.
- … “Manually Increment Counter” Pushbutton allows operator to compensate for labels that have passed the scanner location during initial set-up.
- … Relay Contacts may be wired to the control circuit of another machine in order to trigger events at selected counts.
- … Count/Standby Switch allows the unit to its count and resume when desired.
- PHOTOELECTRIC THRU-BEAM SCANNER
- Ideal for detecting most pressure sensitive labels.
- Uses a light source and photocell to measure light penetration through the gap between die-cut labels.
- BUILT-IN SENSITIVITY ADJUSTMENT to compensate for various label materials and image contrast.
- CONNECTOR provided on back of PC-20 to allow synchronization of a Web Techniques Strobe Light.
- Power ON/OFF SWITCH allows operator to turn system off when exact label counting is not required.
- SCANNER MOUNTING HARDWARE included.
- 6-FOOT power cord with 3-prong grounded plug supplied.
3 SYSTEMS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR PARTICULAR INSTALLATION NEEDS
Installation of the PC-20 Label Counting System is easy. Simply choose one of the three systems available (below) to include the mounting hardware especially designed for that installation.
Model WT-25 Roll Label Rewind Machine
Includes a 14-13/16″ long shaft and cartridge assembly for mounting the scanner on to the table. The original counter drive roll shaft and cartridge can be easily removed and replaced with the new assembly. Please reference Part #02-1256.
Model WT-15 Roll Label Rewind Machine
Includes a 16-11/16″ long shaft for mounting the scanner. The original counter drive roll shaft on the WT-15 machine can be removed from the table without removing the original cartridge. No additional cartridge is provided. Refer to Part #02-1257.
Equipment other than a Web Techniques Rewind Machine
Includes a universal mounting bracket with slide track to position the scanner in the web path. Refer to Part #02-1258.
OPTIONAL SCANNERS AVAILABLE
Detects clear or low-contrast pressure-sensitive die-cut labels. This type of scanner is also very effective with standard die-cut types of labels.
If your particular labels cannot be accurately detected by either the photoelectric thru-beam scanner or the Capacitance Scanner, please consult Web Techniques to discuss your application.