Save Valuable Time and Labor … Plus Cut Costs … With This Easy-to-use Label Slitting Rewinder Attachment
The Web Techniques SA-2 Label Slitter Rewinder Attachment is an option for any Web Techniques Rewind System! Improve your press run times by making sure your press operators don’t have to concentrate on slitting and winding multiple webs.
The SA-2 is designed for razor-blade slitting of pressure-sensitive die-cut labels that have been printed in multiple rows across the web and have the matrix removed between rows of labels. It sets up easily, is great for short runs and uses inexpensive disposable razor blades.
A unique feature of the SA-2 Label Slitter Rewinder Attachment is its double-jointed mounting arm. This arm permits the slitting attachment to move horizontally up to 4-1/2 inches toward the rewind spindle during roll changes so the leading edge of each strip of labels can lie against its core for taping. The slitting attachment is then retracted to its normal running position. A wheel on the bottom of the slitting attachment allows it to glide freely under web tension alone as the rewind rolls increase in diameter. This “touchless” tracking feature means that nothing runs against the slit rolls as they rewind, so they do not become telescoped or distressed from mechanical contact as can occur with other table-style rewind machine slitters.
This highly productive slitting attachment was developed for use on Web Techniques Rewind Machines.
The SA-2 uses standard single-edge razor blades that are easily replaced. (One box of 100 blades is included.)
It takes only seconds to lift the entire unit off the machine when not in use. One slitting attachment (with a separate mounting kit) can be used on several rewind machines.
- Base unit includes four ¾” wide blade holders, which require no tools for installation or adjustment!
- Measuring scale makes precise positioning quick and easy!
- ¼” blade holders available for tighter slitting!
- Brush holds slit webs in place during roll changes.
- Blade Positioning Lever opens the slitting area to allow easy threading of the web.
- Blade Height Adjustment Knob to adjust razor bladeholders vertically as a group.
- Available as an option on ALL WT rewind systems!
- Slit rolls up to 13” wide, off-line!
- Slit rolls up to 1200+ feet per minute!
- Faster press runs and more efficient roll conversions add dollars to the bottom line!
NOTE: The SA-2 is not recommended for slitting raw label stock, plain paper or other continuous single-thickness materials. An air coreholder rewind is required for slitting.