Plate cutting and plate mounting are significant factors in your production costs. The Plate Cutter from Web Techniques, available in two models, will speed up your make-ready process and improve accuracy at all stages of production. Straight line copy or register marks on see-through photopolymer plates are easily aligned with the work table grid to produce straight and square cuts. Polyester backings on photopolymer plates are cleanly cut. An adjustable work lamp concentrates light exactly where you need it.
- Increase productivity by reducing make-ready time. Plate mounting is faster when the plates are accurately cut.
- Eliminate ruined plates caused by slippage when cutting with razor blades.
- Trim off strips as narrow as a pencil line … accurately and safely.
- Produce perfect bevel cuts for butt joints on reverse printing plates, resulting in a minimum plate gap.
- Many jobs can be mounted at press-side without a plate mounter when plates have been cut square and parallel to copy.
- This is an ideal method to cut plates for slugging in copy changes
The knife blade contacts the cutting stick slightly off center, so each durable cutting stick provides eight new cutting surfaces before needing a replacement. Each Plate Cutter is shipped with one extra cutting stick. Additional sticks are available in packages of six.
- Cutting sticks for Model WT-1 (PART NO. 75-0501) – 11.5 inches
- Cutting sticks for Model WT-2 (PART NO. 75-0502) – 18 inches
- Hardened tool steel blade with precision ground edge … heavy enough to SNAP through plates, including polyester liners on photopolymer plates.
- Grid lines on work table, with easy view of cutting edge for accurate cuts.
- Replaceable plastic cutting sticks.
- Adjustable work lamp (bulb not included).
- Optional floor stand available.
- Also available: Model WT-2 – 18 inches wide
|Model WT-1||Model WT-2|
|BLADE WIDTH||11.5 inches||18 inches|
|CUTTING PRESSURE||1 ton||2 tons|
|DIMENSIONS||12″W x 19″L x 19″H||19″W x 24″L x 20″H|
|THROAT DIMENSION||4.5 inches||6.25 inches|
|SHIPPING WEIGHT||48 pounds||140 pounds|
NOTE: These plate cutters are NOT suitable for cutting metal-backed plates.
Perfect bevel cuts for butt joints on reverse printing plates are automatically produced by the unique design of the Plate Cutter blade. This bevel is produced without tilting the work table surface.
Optional Floor Stands
These Plate Cutters are designed to be mounted on a bench or table top. Floor stands for either model can be purchased from Web Techniques.