Stroboscope Inspection System
INSPECT YOUR PRINTED LABELS ACCURATELY … AT HIGH SPEED
- State-of-the-art Stroboscope System, designed specifically to inspect printed labels on moving webs at high speeds.
- The strobe lamp can be synchronized with each label, providing a “stand still” effect.
- Brilliant light output at all flash rates.
- Uniform coverage throughout field of view.
- Effective for inspection on one of our rewind machines, or directly on press.
- Industrial duty, with long flashtube life.
- Rugged floating-arm lamp.
- Test Mode selector switch to test flashtube.
- Built-in manual flash rate, adjustable by turning a knob on the back of the lamp.
- Self-compensating power supply provides steady flash and constant illumination (no false triggering or missing flashes).
- Master/slave flash synchronization possible with two or more systems.
- Optocoupled trigger input for external synchronization devices (provides noise immunity).
- Operator protection feature safely discharges power supply and all components when the system is turned off or when power is disconnected.
The Web Techniques Stroboscope Inspection System was designed specifically to inspect printed labels on moving webs at high speeds. Most strobe light systems are intended for a wide range of applications and have characteristics that are less than ideal for high-speed label inspection. Every detail in this system is optimized specifically for inspection of narrow web printed products.
This feature allows you the flexibility for master/slave synchronization when you have two or more inspection systems.
An open collector output that is synchronized to the flash signal is available at the rear of the control unit. By attaching a trigger output cable between the output and the input of a second strobe control, you can synchronize the second strobe with the first.
Additional strobes can be connected in this manner, and any number of systems can be triggered from a single input signal to the first control. The trigger output can also be used to provide signals to digital counters, rate meters, etc.
The basic system consists of the Model SB-22 Stroboscope Control and the Model SB-11 Strobe Lamp.
BUILT-IN MANUAL FLASH RATE CONTROL
ABOVE: The Model SB-11 Strobe Lamp includes a built-in manual flash rate control that can be used when a synchronized trigger signal is unavailable. A knob on the back of the lamp allows you to adjust the flash rate between one and 75 flashes per second.
|Power Requirements||105-125 volt 50/60 HZ (210-250 volt optional)|
|Input Range||Up to 18,000 events per minute|
|Flash Ratio||Automatic self-adjusting|
|1:1 up to 4500 pulses/minute input|
|2:1 at 4500-9000 pulses/minute input|
|4:1 at 9000-18,000 pulses/minute input|
|Flash Duration||Less than 20 microseconds|
|Light Color||High intensity Xenon white|
|Flash Delay||Less than 10 microseconds|
|Light Output||0.53 Joules/flash|
|Trigger Inputs||AC coupled|
|250mV to 100V peak to peak|
|100 microsecond min. pulse width|
|Open Collector PNP & NPN|
|12VDC @ 1mA|
|Oscillator input for 0-100K Pot.|
|Trigger Supply||5VDC and 12VDC 100mA each|
|Trigger Output||Open collector|
|Model SB-22 Stroboscope Control:|
|105-125V (50/60 HZ)||01-1158|
|210-250V (50/60 HZ)||01-1159|
|Model SB-11 Strobe Lamp||01-1171|
|Universal Trigger Input Cable Kit:|
|7-Pin plug and 8-foot cable for||26-1268|
|custom wiring to trigger source|
|Cables for connecting multiple controls:|
|6-foot Trigger Output Cable||26-1224|
|18-foot Trigger Output Cable||26-1225|
STROBE LAMP MOUNTING ACCESSORIES
LEFT:The strobe lamp base has four mounting holes for attaching the lamp to a flat surface. When no previously prepared mounting location is available, one of these optional clamps or brackets may be used:
1 – P/N 59-1099 Clamp (clamps up to 2.5″)
2 – P/N 59-1101 Pin Adapter (for mounting lamp into ½” diameter hole)
3 – P/N 59-1100 Wall Bracket (for mounting on a vertical surface)